The patient portal allows parents, guardians, and patients to access patient-related information. The roles created for patients and their guardians must follow certain guidelines for HIPAA compliance. Users should consult with Customer Success to ensure their Patient Portal related accounts are set up correctly. Typically, the following permissions need to be selected:
- Available Interfaces
- Can Use Patient Portal
- Patient Portal
- Can Edit Demographic Information
- Can Edit Profile Picture
- Can Upload Documents
- Can View Invoices
- Can View Mastered Skills
- Can View Notifications
- Can View Patient Calendar
- Can View Patient Progress Report
- Can View Session Information
- Reports: Clinical and Shared
- Report Patient Progress Report
To set up access to the Patient Portal:
- Contact Customer Success to assist in setting up guardian roles for appropriate access.
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Guardians from the “People” section. Select the guardian who needs access to the Patient Portal by clicking the box next to their name.
- Click Invite to send an invitation email to the guardian.
- Please note, to invite a guardian to the Patient Portal, a current email address must be included in the “Contact” tab of the guardian record.
- This will open an email for guardians with instructions for creating their username and password for the login account.
- Users must add a role to the bottom of the email. This allows the guardian to log in safely and only have access to their associated patient.
- The guardian(s) will receive an email with a link to your platform, a username, and a temporary password. Upon logging in for the first time, the guardian will be asked to set a new password.
- Administrators can change a guardian’s password and/or disable the account.
When the guardian logs in to their account, the following widgets will be available:
The Patient Widget is used to edit demographic information, add/change a profile picture, download the most recently saved Patient Progress Report, and upload documents that show up in the patient chart for clinic staff to access. The Patient Widget also provides access to the in-app Messaging feature so guardians can message clinic staff directly.
Please note, for access to the Patient Progress Report, one must be saved in the “Patient’s Review” section.
Mastered Skill Widget
The Mastered Skill Widget allows guardians to view skills mastered by their patient. Hovering over these skills shows the discovery window, which allows guardians to view skill and target history reports. These will match those items found in the patient’s Mastery Widget.
These will match those items found in the patient’s Mastery Widget.
The Session Widget allows guardians access to the list of sessions that have taken place, along with access to a PDF of the summary report for each session.
Proprietary & Confidential