Clinical Patient Portal
Your PHI software has a patient portal available for parents, guardians, and patients allowing them to access patient-related information. The roles created for patients and their guardians must follow certain guidelines for HIPAA compliance. Consult PHI Customer Success to ensure your parent portal related accounts are set up correctly. Typically, the following permissions will need to be selected:
Setting up access for the portal
- Contact PHI Customer Success to assist in setting up your guardian roles for appropriate access.
- Access the Guardians list page. Select the guardian who needs access to the Patient Portal by clicking the box beside their name.
- Once the box is selected, the “Invite” button on the taskbar will become active, allowing you to send an invitation email to the guardian.
Note: To invite a guardian to the patient portal, a current email must be included in the “Contact” tab of the guardian record.
- This will open a PHI system email for guardians with instructions for creating their UserName and Password for the login account.
Note: You must add a role to the bottom of the email. This allows the guardian to login safely and only have access to their associated patient.
5. The guardian(s) will receive the following email with a link to your platform, a username, and a temporary password. Upon logging in for the first time, the guardian will be asked to set a new password. As an administrator, you have the ability to change a guardian’s password and/or disable the account.
When the guardian logs into their account, the following information will be available to them:
The Patient Widget is used to edit demographic information, add/change a profile picture, download the most recently saved Patient Progress Report, and upload documents that show up in the patient chart in Pathfinder for clinic staff to access. The Patient Widget also provides access to the in-app Messaging feature so guardians can message clinic staff directly within Pathfinder.
Please note: For access to the Patient Progress Report, one must be saved in the Patient’s Review section.
MASTERED SKILL WIDGET
The Mastered Skill Widget gives guardians the ability to view skills mastered by their patient. Hovering over these skills shows the discovery window, which allows guardians to view skill and target history reports.
These will match those items found in the patient’s Mastery Widget in Pathfinder.
The last widget is the Session Widget, which allows guardians access to the list of sessions that have taken place, along with access to a PDF of the summary report for each session.
Proprietary & Confidential