In the CR Essentials system, a “role” refers to a general position or title in an organization that will share the same responsibilities and permissions when using the software. Commonly used roles include BCBA, RBT/BT, BCaBA, SLP, Paraprofessional, Therapist, etc.
The “Security Roles” section of the Admin module contains over 400 permissions for tasks that can be performed in the system.
- CR Essentials will create roles for users’ organizations, based on information collected during the kickoff call.
- These roles can be changed to reflect updates to the software, changes in organizational structure, or the need for certain roles to have more or less access to workflows in users’ systems.
- When a new permissions-based feature is released, users will be notified of any changes that need to be made to the roles in their system.
Please note, if users need a new role or to change a current role, there are often system contingencies that could be impacted if changes are made. Consult Customer Success to assure all requirements are included.
Adding a Permission
To add a permission:
Only a CR Essentials System Administrator or Customer Success team member can change permissions in users’ systems.
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Security Roles under the “Security” section
- Select the name of the role that needs to be edited
- Select the Role Permissions: tab
- Each section has its own collection of permissions, which are listed as expandable fields
- Use the filter to either view only those selected permissions, those that have not been selected, or both.
6. Click the + to open a section. Permissions can be selected as a group by choosing Select All, or individually by selecting the box next to the name of the specific permission.
7. Click Save and Close
Proprietary & Confidential