Roles and Permissions
In the Pathfinder system, a role refers to a general position or title within an organization that will share the same responsibilities and permissions when using the software. Commonly used roles include BCBA, RBT/BT, BCaBA, SLP, Paraprofessional, Therapist, etc.
- The Pathfinder Security Roles page contains over 400 permissions for tasks that can be performed within the software.
- To start you off, Pathfinder will create roles for your organization, based on information collected during your Kickoff Call.
- These roles can be changed to reflect updates to the software, changes in your organizational structure, or the need for certain roles to have more or less access to workflows in your system.
- When Pathfinder releases a new permissions-based feature, you will be notified of any changes that need to be made to the roles in your system.
NOTE: While you may need a new role or to change a current role, there are often system contingencies that may not seem relevant but could be impacted if changes are made.
Consult a PHI Customer Success team member to assure all requirements are included.
Adding a Permission
NOTE: Only a Pathfinder System Administrator or Customer Success team member have the ability to change permissions in your system.
1. NAVIGATE to Admin> Security> Security Roles to open the Security Roles list page.
2. CLICK the name of the role you need to edit to open the permissions page. SELECT the “Role Permissions” tab.
3. Each section of Pathfinder has its own collection of permissions, and will be listed as expandable fields on the page.
4. USE the filter to see either only those permissions selected, those that have not, or both.
5. CLICK the plus icon to open a section. Permissions can be selected as a group by choosing “Select All,” or individually by clicking the box next to the name of the specific permission.
6. When the role permissions are completed, CLICK SAVE and CLOSE.
NOTE: If there is a workflow you are not able to perform, or employees have access to items they are not responsible for, a permission may need to be turned on or off. Since there are so many permissions available to choose from, if there is an issue, contact Customer Success, and we’ll be happy to help.
Proprietary & Confidential