To access the Payments section:
- Navigate to the Practice module and select Payments under the “Billing” section
- In the “Status” column on the right-hand side, the payment postings will be color-coded.
- Green: Ready to post.
- Pink: Needs review.
- Blue: Partially applied.
- Grey: Applied.
- Red: Over applied.
- Off yellow: Not applied.
If a payment must be posted manually:
- Navigate to the Practice module and select Payments under the “Billing” section. Click +New and select Payment
- Enter the required information in the “Details” tab:
- Payment Amount, Payment Date, Billing Source, and Payment Method.The remaining fields are optional.
- Please note, users can click Save or Save for Later to save their work and continue posting at another time.
3. In the “Invoice Activity Payments” tab, click +Add. Enter the service date range of claims from the EOB. Users can also filter by Patient and Claim Number. Click Get Results.
- The service lines can be sorted by any of the columns. Select the checkboxes on the left for each service line reflected on the EOB/ERA being posted. Click Select.
4. In the “Post Amt” column, click $0.00 to enter in the amount paid towards that invoice/claim.
5. To enter an adjustment, click $0.00 in the “Post Adjustment” column. Users will be prompted to enter the Adjustment Amount and Type. Click Add.
6. To assign the patient due amount, click $0.00 in the “Patient Pay” column and enter the amount.
7. To transfer the claim to another billing source (e.g. Secondary, Tertiary), click $0.00 in the “Transfers” column.
- In the “TRANSFER” pop-up, select the billing source to transfer the claim to and the appropriate authorization.
- Please note, some information might be pre-populated. This information reflects payments previously posted in the system. Ensure all information (fields) is accurate prior to submitting the transfer. Information entered by the user during transfer does not post back into the system, it is only sent out on the claim.
- Enter the Adjudication Date (payment date) found on the EOB. If payments have not been previously posted, enter the payment amount.
- Previously posted payments and adjustments will show as totals in the fields next to “Payment Amount.” Although optional, we recommend users enter the Payor Control Number from the primary EOB.
- Under the “Line Information” section, the Transfer Amount needs to match all amounts under the Patient Responsibility Group Code.
- The Reason Codes are listed for review. If they are not pre-populated and users are unsure of which code to use, view the last page of the EOB for the legend/description of the reason codes.
- When all information is entered correctly, click Update
8. Finish adding service lines and enter the correct information for each line. Click Save.
9. Once payments are posted the following will occur:
- All claims that have a $0 in “Outstanding” column will be completed.
- Any amount entered into the “Patient Pay” column will be applied to the patient.
- Any transfers to another billing source will be sent to the claims processor to be billed out.
Proprietary & Confidential