When new employee records are created, a user account will simultaneously be created for them. Employee user accounts will either be set as a site “Administrator,” which means they have access to everything, or they will be assigned a “Security Role.” Security roles include specific permissions that ensure user-only access to areas of the software that are relevant to their role in an organization.
To create a new employee record:
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Employees under the “People” section.
- A list of employees will display, click +New on the upper left-hand side.
- A blank employee record will open to the “Details” tab.
- In the Demographics section, the required fields are First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and Gender.
- In the “User Account” section:
- If the “Create User Account” checkbox is selected, a user account will also be created.
- The required fields are Username, Password/Confirm Password, and Security Role.
- If the box “Is Administrator” is selected, then a Security Role is not needed. Making an employee a site administrator will give them access to everything in CR Essentials.
- If the box “Must Change Password” is selected, then the employees whose record and user account is being created will be prompted to create and save a new password when they login to CR Essentials for the first time.
- The “Primary Contact Information” is not required information. If an address, phone number, email or web address is entered by clicking the Add button, that information will automatically carry over into the “Contact” tab.
4. All information that can be entered in the Location, Therapy teams, Certification, Availability, Time Off, and Notes tabs are optional.
- In the "Certification" tab, users can add employee certification numbers, to track the numbers associated with each certification.
5. Click Save and Close
Proprietary & Confidential