Creating a New Employee Record
When new employee records are created, a user account will simultaneously be created for them. Employee user accounts will either be set as a site Administrator, which means they will have access to everything in the site, or they will be assigned a Security Role.
Security roles include specific permissions that ensure user-only access areas of the software relevant to their role in your company.
1. NAVIGATE to Admin> People> Employees through the Admin icon. CLICK “Employees.”
2. The Employees list page will open. CHOOSE from the further actions toolbar.
3. A blank employee record will open to the “Details” tab.
- In the "Certification" tab, users can add employee certification numbers, to track the numbers associated to each certification.
4. Demographics section:
Required fields are “First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and Gender.”
5. User Account section:
- Please note the “Create User Account” checkbox. If this is checked, a user account will also be created.
- Required fields are “Username, Password/Confirm Password and Security Role.”
- If the box “Is Administrator” is selected, then a Security Role is not needed. Making an employee a site Administrator will give them access to everything in Pathfinder.
- If the box “Must Change Password” is selected, then the employees whose record and user account is being created will be prompted to create and save a new password when they login to Pathfinder for the first time.
6. The Primary Contact Information section within the details tab is not required information. If an address, phone number, email or web address is entered by clicking the Add button, that information will automatically carry over into the Contact tab.
7. All information that can be entered into the 6 other tabs available in the employee record is optional.
Note: Please refer to other sections of this manual for additional guidance on the creation of “Locations and Therapy Teams.”
8. Press SAVE and CLOSE.
Proprietary & Confidential