Patient Portal Guide
The Patient Portal is an interactive component of the PHI system. The Patient Portal allows for communication, notifications, and the ability to make changes in the patient’s paperwork (including upload and download capabilities). The messaging feature also allows for direct contact between the guardian and company/supervisor.
Permissions for GUARDIANS:
1. From Admin, scroll down and open “Security Roles.”
2. Create + New Security role
NOTE: Guardians can have multiple roles assigned to them
3. The new role must have the following permission checked to access the portal:
4. Next, CHOOSE the available permissions depending on the access granted to the guardian. CLICK Save and Close.
5. From Admin, SCROLL down and OPEN “Guardians” under “People.”
6. SELECT the guardian(s) who will access the patient portal and CLICK on the “Invite” button on the top left. To invite the guardian(s), they must have an email address in their record under the “Contact” tab.
7. A window will open that allows for modification of the message to be sent. In the “Role” drop down, SELECT the Patient Portal role. Then CLICK the “Send” button.
8. The guardian(s) will receive the following email with a link to your platform, a username, and a temporary password. Upon logging in for the first time, the guardian will be asked to set a new password. As an administrator, you have the ability to change a guardian’s password and/or disable the account.
9. Each patient associated with the guardian will have a tab on the top left. Depending on the permissions given to the role, the guardian(s) will have various areas to edit and the ability to upload files. Any files uploaded can be viewed in the Notes tab of the Patient’s account.
10. Once the guardian has been given permission to send/receive messages, the “Messages” tab will be accessible. Unless other employees have been given security permission, and have messaged the guardian, only the patient’s Default Supervisor is available to message.
11. The patient’s schedule is located on the top right of the patient portal. The guardian has the ability to view the schedule a day, week, or month at a time.
12. When hovering over an appointment, the details of the appointment will be shown.
13. The bottom left of the patient record will show a list of all events, along with patient due outstanding balances. Guardians have the ability to download a PDF of each of these outstanding invoices.
14. If you are a Suite user, a Mastered Skills Widget will show at the bottom right corner of the Patient Portal. The Mastered Skill Widget gives guardians the ability to view skills mastered by their patient. Hovering over these skills shows the discovery window, which allows guardians to view skill and target history reports.
Proprietary & Confidential