In CR Essentials, a “credential” describes what the employee is (e.g. BCBA, RBT) and a “certification” describes what the employee has, such as the licenses and certifications required to perform related services (e.g. BCBA, CPR, first aid). The credential directly affects scheduling and billing the appointments with the employee. Certifications do not have any effect on billing or scheduling, but are no less important.
To add certifications:
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Certifications under the “Company” section.
- Create a list of all necessary certifications to keep track of providers. Click +New on the left-hand side to add a certification.
- The “Name” for the certification is required. It is recommended to add a description, as well.
- Click Save
To track employee certifications:
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Employees under the “People” section.
- From the “Employee List” page, select an employee’s name and then click the Certifications tab.
- The “Certifications” tab is where certifications can be added and tracked for each employee. Click +Add on the left-hand side.
- Select the certification you want to track (e.g. BCBA) from the “Certification” drop-down, then add start and end dates, and the certification number. Electronic versions of the certificate can also be uploaded, by selecting Browse…
5. Click Add and then Save
6. When the certification needs to be renewed, open the employee’s Certification tab, click the box next to the appropriate certification and select Renew.
7. Select the start and end dates for which the certification is valid, and then click Add. Make sure to upload the new certification if an electronic copy is available.
8. Click Save
For questions about these changes, please contact your CR Essentials Customer Success team by calling (877) 972-8434 option 2, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice Management: Employee Certification
Proprietary & Confidential