Practice Management: Admin
In Pathfinder, a credential describes what the employee is (e.g. BCBA, RBT) and a certification describes what the employee has, such as the licenses and certifications required to perform related services (e.g. BCBA, CPR, First Aid). The credential directly affects scheduling and billing the appointments with the employee. Certifications don’t have any effect on billing or scheduling, but are no less important.
To add certifications:
- SELECT Admin> Company> Certifications from the Admin icon to access the Certifications List page.
- On this page you will create a list of all the certifications you need to keep track of for your employees.
- CLICK on the “New” button to add a certification. The “Name” for the certification is required, and we highly recommend adding a description as well.
Then CLICK “Save.”
Now, Part Two of this feature is understanding how to track an employee’s certifications
- SCROLL to Admin> People> Employees from the Admin abacus tree structure to access the Employees List Page.
- From the Employee List Page, CLICK on the employee’s name and access the tab.
- Here you will add those certifications that need to be tracked.
- CLICK to access the pop up where you add relevant information to the certification. SELECT the certification you would like to track (e.g. BCBA) from the drop down menu, and then start and end dates for it. Using the button, you may also upload an electronic version of the certification from your computer. CLICK the button.
- When the certification needs to be renewed, open the employee’s certification tab, CLICK the box next to the appropriate certification, and choose from the actions toolbar. Using the calendar icon, choose the dates for which the certification is valid, and then CLICK .
- Make sure to upload the new certification if you have an electronic copy available.
- Remember to SAVE.
You are now able to track employee certifications. If you have any questions about these changes, please contact your Pathfinder Customer Success Team by calling (877) 972-8434, option 2, or by emailing us at email@example.com
Practice Management: Employee Certification
Pathfinder Customer Success
Proprietary & Confidential