Billing – added on 7.18.16
Do I have to have the authorization number to create an appointment to bill for the services in the system?
· No, you do not. From the dashboard, click my company, then click settings. Find the section that says, “Show [NO AUTH REQUIRED] on calendar?”, and select the no radio button. Click Update Settings on the bottom left of the page to ensure the change saved.
When you need to rebill a claim because the Place of Service (POS) was incorrect, how do you change the place of service before you rebill that claim?
· Go into the Payment/Adjust Claims screen and locate the claim you want to re-bill. On the far right-hand side in blue, click on "details.” When that information appears, at the top of the page in blue click, “edit recent.” Next, scroll down to place of service. Update the place of service from the original place of service to the accurate one. Scroll down to the bottom and click the orange "update information" button. Then click the blue "re-bill" button to the right of the screen. Choose one of the following from the drop down menu (send as original, send as replacement/corrected, send as voided claim). Finally, choose electronic or CMS 1500, and then click submit re-bill.
Why does my rejection say subscriber ID must match patient ID?
· When a client is self-insured make sure the check box of relation to subscriber says “other.”
Why does my rejection say subscriber date of birth must match patient date of birth?
· The clients date of birth is listed as the subscriber date of birth.
Why can’t I delete my appointments or series of appointments in PHI
· If an employee is NOT an admin, he or she may NOT delete appointments or series.
I forgot my password, why can’t I change it?
· If an employee is NOT an admin, he or she may NOT change his or her password.
What is the purpose of an ERA?
· ERA’s are electronic remittance advices. Basically, electronic EOB’s that come through the clearinghouse. These will also be utilized for payments upload.). We suggest that you wait to post anything in your system until AFTER you’ve received the funds in check form or through EFT’s if you have those set up.
Which Insurance Payers are included in the clearinghouse?
· The list of payers is extensive (in the thousands) in the Optum Clearinghouse so your payers are most likely included. You can send a list of payers if you want us to confirm. Also, we will work to get any payers not already in the clearinghouse added for you.
Is the Clearinghouse for only ABA service codes or does it include other medical service codes?
· It is not limited to ABA codes. You can submit other medical service codes, including PT, Speech, PT, any service.
If we join the Clearinghouse, will we have access to the CPT filing codes?
· You don’t actually join the clearinghouse. Our software has a direct interface with the clearinghouse for you. You will have access to CPT and HCPCS filing codes.
Does the software include a Patient Ledger that has itemized services, dates and payments?