Bulk Payment Posting Guide
- To access the bulk payment posting screen, click on the Practice tab and choose Payments under Billing.
- On the Payments screen you will see the search fields that can help you find the payments you’re looking for. You can select the date range and filter by the insurance company or patient that the payment is from.
- Under that you’ll see a list of payments already in the system.
- There are 5 different status types for payments in the system. Not Applied, Needs Review, Applied, Over Applied, and Partially Applied.
- Not Applied means that the payment has not been applied to any claims yet and the full amount is available for use.
- Partially Applied indicates that a portion of the payment is still available to post towards claims.
- Needs review means that one or more of the claims has been overpaid.
- Applied indicates that the payment has been completely posted towards claims.
- Over Applied indicates that more money has been posted to claims than was provided by the payment.
- Click the plus sign on the left side of a payment to expand & show all the claims that the payment has been applied.
To post a new payment, click on New at the top of the payments list.
- A window will pop up with fields to fill out regarding the payment.
- Choose the payer type, either Billing Source or Patient.
- Select the name of the payer and payment type.
- Fill in the details of the payment such as the dollar amount, check date, check number.
- Click on the Invoice Payments tab to add claims to apply the payment to.
- Click on Add to search for claims.
- You can search by invoice or claim.
- Choose the date range to filter by.
- Select the name of the patient or billing source that the payment is from.
- Select Get Results
- Using the check boxes, select one or more claims/invoices to add to the payment, and then hit the Select button.
- You will then see the list of claims you selected with their outstanding amounts.
- Apply money from the payment to each claim by clicking on the post amount of each claim on the right-hand side.
- Tab through each claim using the Tab key on your keyboard.
- There are 4 different statuses a claim can have on this screen: Not Applied (Green), Partially Applied (Blue), Overapplied (Red), and Applied (Grey).
- When finished applying the payment, remember to hit Save.
Proprietary & Confidential