When your Pathfinder site is deployed, you may have skill templates pre-loaded from various assessments and other curricular materials that your organization has shared with Pathfinder. These skill templates and the teaching information contained in them can then be easily added to any individual patient goal plan. Once added to the plan, the templates can be customized to meet the needs of each client. There may be times, however, your organization needs to make across the board, standard changes to a skill template so it better fits the way your company does therapy. These edits can be completed in the Admin Skill Template bank.
Please note: The information contained in these templates is standard information, meaning it can be selected for any patient’s goal plan in your platform. Please be sure the skill template does not include personal information. This level of customization can be added in each patient’s individual plan.
- We refer to skills in the Skill Template library as protocol skills.
- Protocol skills might belong to a premium protocol or to your organization’s Ad-Hoc and Custom Skills protocol.
- Premium protocol skills are part of those assessments or curricular resources that an organizations own.
- Ad-Hoc and Custom Skills are the collection of skills organizations enter into the system as Quick Add Skills.
- Any skill that has been entered into the Skill Template Editor may be edited. Below is the process for editing skills that are found in the Skill Template Editor.
- ACCESS Admin> Protocols> Skill
- Use the “Skills Search” filter to help find the skill that needs to be edited.
- To open the skill for editing, CLICK on the name of the skill.
- A form will appear with several tabs along the top. Each tab contains information about different customization options that will be available for the skill during goal planning.
a. Details: This tab is primarily informational.
b. Mastery Recommendation: By default, this tab will be whatever your organization decided would be the default during your initial onboarding call. Each field can be managed for each skill template.
- # of Skill Targets refers to the number of targets that must be mastered before the entire skill will be recommended for Mastery
- Target Min. Score tells the minimum score required for mastery
- Target # of observers tells how many different therapists must observe the skill before it can be mastered.
- Observed Over # Days indicates how many days in a row the skill must meet these requirements in order to be recommended for Mastery in the Mastery widget
c. Targets: Target lists can be added under this tab. Remember! This list will be available for all patients, so please do not include personal targets. These can be added during individual goal planning. To add a target to the standard list:
- CLICK to bring up the “New Target” dialog box
- Multiple targets can be entered onto the list, one per line, then click
- These will now be in the skill’s list of standard targets.
d. Presentations: In this tab, list ways targets for this skill might be presented during therapy. For example, items placed on a table “In isolation,” “field of 3,” or “messy array.” Activities might occur “At home,” “At school,” or “In the community.”
- To add a standard Presentation, CLICK the tab.
- Follow the same process described above for adding Targets.
- Save and Close
e. Sds: Any commonly used Sds for the skill can be added, following the same steps used for adding targets and presentations.
f. Score Types: While each skill will have a default score type listed on the Details tab, the Skill Editor provides a way to attach other score types to the skill. Accuracy, Frequency, Prompt Fading, Pivotal Response, and Task Analysis are all ways of score in Pathfinder. Any other options can be chosen here, and then selected during goal plan customization.
g. Prompts: This tab allows users to choose the prompts that are available for data collection in Scout.
h. Notes: Any relevant notes, teaching tips, or files can be added to the skill in this tab. To add one of these
Proprietary & Confidential