Unable to Set PIN for Scout: How to Turn Off Private Browsing
If you are having difficulties creating a PIN in Scout, a first step in troubleshooting would be to check that your browser is not set to Private Browsing. The reason a PIN cannot be created in Privacy mode (also known as incognito mode) is because the Privacy setting does not allow for a PIN to be stored in that browser. This Guide will show you how to turn off Private Browsing in both Safari and Chrome.
Please note: the websites in these screenshots will be different from the Scout URL for your company site.
Privacy mode in Safari is characterized by a black header and footer in the browser. It will look like this:
Turn off the Privacy setting for Safari:
1. Start by clicking the 2 squares in the lower right corner of your screen.
2. The "Privacy" button in the lower left corner will be selected, click on it to deselect.
3. Once Privacy is turned off, you can use the + button in the middle to launch a new web page in your browser.
4. The headers and footers are now white, which means Privacy has been turned off. At this time you can navigate to your Scout site where you will be able to enter a PIN.
A Chrome browser in Incognito Mode is characterized by a black header appearing in the browser screen. It will look like this:
Turn off the Privacy setting for Chrome:
1. Start by clicking the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of your browser.
2. Select "New Tab"
3. A new tab will open without Incognito turned on. You can then navigate to Scout and set a PIN. The top header will be white.
Proprietary & Confidential