Troubleshooting Score Sheet Access Issues
In the event that a user is unable to access a score sheet in order to collect data, here are some suggestions to identify the issue.
Check the Assignment of a Score Sheet
When a user logs in to Scout, they will see only the score sheets that have been assigned. An assignment can be made to an individual therapist or to a therapy team. By ensuring that the assignment has been created correctly and is valid, the user should be able to see the score sheet in their assignment list.
To check assignments:
- From the patient navigation tree, select “Goal Plans”.
2. On the right side of a score sheet row, look to see if a score sheet is assigned. In the example below, the September Score Sheet does not have an assignment but CB Score Sheet 4/5/2016 has 2 Assignments.
3. To see the assignments, open the discover window for that score sheet.
- There are 2 ways to access the discover button. One is click on the green "i" that appears when you hover over a score sheet or goal plan.
- The other option is to select the row of the score sheet to highlight it, then click “Discover” along the black header.
4. When the discover window opens, select “Assignments” on the left side.
5. Review the assignments. Ensure that the assignments are active by reviewing the “Valid From” Dates on the left. If an assignment has expired, that individual or team will no longer be assigned to the score sheet.
- The current default when creating an assignment is that the assignment has no end date. An end date will only appear if it was set when the assignment was created.
- If an assignment has expired, click the +Add button to create a new assignment for that score sheet.
- From this Discovery window, additional assignments can be added or current assignments can be removed.
Assign a Score Sheet that has no Assignments
If the score sheet shows 0 assignments and needs to be assigned, follow these steps.
- Select the row of the score sheet to highlight it.
- In the black header bar, click “Assign”
3. Select either “Therapist” or “Therapy Team” from the assignment type drop down box.
4. The “Assign To:” field will populate with your options based on the Assignment type field. You can multi select people or teams from this drop down list. Recently used assignments will auto-populate in this field for easier use but may need to be reviewed and even removed if no longer valid.
5. Start by date (defaults to today’s date).
6. Available Through: defaults to “Available forever (does not end)", but select a date in order to put an expiration on the assignment. An assignment with an expiration ensures temporary access to a score sheet and is a great solution for providing access to substitute therapists.
7. Assignment Notes: An optional field to add notes about the score sheet assignment. These notes are accessible to therapists during their session on Scout while that score sheet is open. There are currently no notifications in Scout to alert a user to an Assignment Note and the end user will need training on where and how to access those notes.
8. Click “Assign”.
Review the Therapy Team
If a score sheet has been assigned correctly to a therapy team and a user is still unable to access that score sheet, ensure that the user has been properly added to the therapy team. An admin will need to check the following:
- Navigate to Admin.
- Therapy Teams.
- Click on the name of the Therapy Team in question to open the record.
5. Expand the “Therapists” section and review the therapists on that team.
- Use the binocular icon to search the list of therapists and add additional people to the team if needed.
6. Expand the Patients and ensure that the correct patient(s) is also on the team.
*These suggestions should help you identify any Score Sheet Access issues. If further support is required, please contact a customer support agent at 877-972-8434 opt 2.
Proprietary & Confidential