If interested in using Pathfinder software to collect Assessment Data, it is recommended that a company admin start by creating Skill Libraries that other users can choose from in order to create their assessments.
A Skill Library is a group of skills that have been saved together for the purpose of teaching or assessing together. Currently, Skill Libraries are only available for Assessments.
In our other tutorials, it's been demonstrated how easy it is to create a Skill Library that has been created by adding an entire domain at a time, or entire protocol.. Creating a library where only certain skills from that protocol are used for assessments requires the use of search/filter features to find the skills that apply.
The VB-MAPP is an excellent example of when a Skill Library may need to be created with skills that differ from the entire set of skills in the Protocol. In this guide, I will show you how to separate out the Milestone skills, of 170 skills, from the entire protocol of over 900 skills. While it may take extra time to complete a skill group in this way, once it's done, all users will have access to the library as a way to create an assessment for a patient.
Time: 5-10 minutes.
- Skill Libraries
5. Click the Skills Tab
6. Add Protocol Skills
7. In the search field, click on the icon to apply an Advanced Search
8. In the Protocol Field, Select: Vb-MAPP and in the Sub-Designator field, Type in M
9. Press Search
10. Check the box next to each skill in this list. A select all does not exist currently, so each skill must be selected. Be sure to click the individual boxes as checking some boxes then selecting the row will end up un-checking the previously checked boxes.
11. After all 100 from page one are selected, scroll through the list to make sure none were deselected along the way. Then press Select. 100 Skills will be in your skill library.
12. Add protocol skills.
13. Apply same advanced search criteria and press "Search"
14. Click on Select Page 2
15. Select the remaining skills on page 2.
16. 170 Milestone skills should be added to your skill library. Click on Details
17. Provide a Description (Name) for the Skill Library just created. Suggestion: VB-MAPP Milestone Assessment
19. After the successful save and the page refreshes, use the breadcrumbs to click on Skill Libraries to return to your skill library list.