Practice Management: Scheduling
Our 4.4 release will include the ability to create and use billable events.
This function will be available to companies holding the Practice Management and Suite license holders.
When creating an event in the Pathfinder system, you will be given the option to make that event billable. By default, it will be selected as non-billable.
- Start at My Calendar or the Practice Schedule for an Employee, DRAG over the start and end of the event time.
- SELECT the event type: Admin, Break, Drive Time, Meeting and Training. Please Note: Appointments are always billable
3. At the top of the event box, CHANGE the event from Non-Billable to Billable
4. CREATE or SELECT the Subject for the Event
Please Note: Event Subjects are a required field and can be pre-populated by creating subjects under Company Settings.
4. For Billable Events, Place of Service, and Patient are all required fields.
Please Note: Authorizations may be required. It is optionally required based on a company setting.
Please note: Any item that is billable needs to be connected to an Authorization, since the fee schedule is associated to the Authorization. In the event that something is billable to the patient or family, but not to an insurance company, an Authorization would still be required A company may need to create non-insurance bill codes and build a contract using those codes. Then, an Authorization for a the patient could be created using the contract and fee schedule attached to it.
5. CLICK the Attendees tab
6. If required information is needed for the attendees, it will appear in red. Those requirements include Bill Under, Credential and Bill Code
7. CLICK on the Attendee name to add that information
8. The Auth Items will need to be selected and added if there is more than one Bill Code associated to the auth. Add additional items by clicking the + button.
9. ENTER the planned minutes for each Auth Item.
*The Auth Item Usage Chart will appear once an item is selected
10. PRESS “Add” to add the information for the attendee to the event.
Please Note: Additional Attendees can be added to the event from the Attendees tab.
11. The Address tab will need to be used to enter the “Place of Service” information.
Please Note: An “Office” location as place of service will auto-populate if there is an address created for the company. A “Home” location will auto-populate if an address has been created for the patient.
12. PRESS “Create”
13. Once a Billable event is complete, the attendee, or a scheduling admin, will need to go into the Practice Schedule or My Calendar and open the event to mark as complete.
Please Note: Other actions include cancel and rescheduling the occurrence of the event. Depending on the number of attendees and the user’s permissions there may be an option to complete the event for a single or all attendees.
14. Once the event has been completed, it will appear on the Bill Events page.
15. Use our Search and Filter options to find the events
16. SELECT an event to options such as the Authorization or the original event/appointment
17. Once the Billable Event has been reviewed, SELECT the appropriate billing option
18. At that point, the process becomes the same as it is for billing appointments.