Your Pathfinder Health Innovations system has a Patient Bank, which is a place to store the money received directly from the patient or their family. The money in the bank can be fully or partially posted to current patient due invoices or future invoices.
To post payments to the bank:
1. ACCESS Admin> People> Patients for the Patient List page.
2. CHOOSE a patient for whom you wish to post a payment.
3. OPEN the tab. Several workflows can be completed here including: Add a Payment, Print a Receipt (for one or multiple payments), View Past Payments, and View the current balance.
4. To enter a payment CLICK to access the “Payments Window.”
- When the “New Payment Window” opens, ENTER the following required information: Payment type, Applied Amount, Payment Date (defaults to today’s date) and Payment Method (cash, check, etc.) The “Payment Type” and “Payment Method” are standard defaults.
- Remaining fields are optional.
This Payment will appear in the list. The amount is added to the bank balance (top of the page).
5. The amount in the patient bank will now be displayed in the patient portal for the parent/guardian to view when logged in (if they have permission to do so).
Now the payment can be applied to the Patient Due invoices.
- CLICK the tab in the Patient Record.
- There is now an option to “Apply Bank” under the ellipsis button.
- SELECT one or more invoices with outstanding Patient Due, and
CLICK “Apply Bank.”
- A window opens, showing the total funds available in the bank, how much will be applied to the selected invoices, how much will remain after applying, and the list of claims.
- You can choose which claims to apply the money to by checking or unchecking the boxes on the left.
- CLICK “Apply.”
To print a receipt for the participant:
- From the Payments tab in the Patient’s Record, SELECT one or more payments you would like on the receipt.
- If a payment has been fully applied, CLICK on the box next to “Show Fully Posted” to have it appear in the list.
- With the payments selected, CLICK Print Receipt.
- A PDF will download showing each payment and a total at the bottom.
Proprietary & Confidential