NOTE: The Fee Schedule for each payors contracts will need to be available for reference in order to enter a contract.
- Once a billing source has been created, a Contract will need to be added to enter rates. CLICK on the Admin icon and SELECT “Contracts” under the “Billing” heading.
- In the left-hand corner, CLICK “New” and select the “Billing Source” from the drop down list. ENTER the Start Date and the End Date for the contract.
- Next, CLICK the “Fee Schedule” tab and CLICK “Add” to assign all the bill codes to be used for this Billing Source. Codes can be added from either from the Bill Code or the “Base Fee Schedule”, if one has been created.
- Details tab: choose the Bill Code from the dropdown. In the Name field, we suggest you add a “friendly name” after the code number. Choose “Professional” from Insurance Type dropdown field and add any modifiers as defined in your payor’s Fee Schedule.
- Credentials tab: CLICK “Add”, choose the credential from the dropdown, enter the Rate and Adjustment from your payors Fee Schedule.
NOTE: The Adjustment is the difference between the rate you are billing and your contracted rate. Example: Billing $15.00 and the Contracted rate for payment is $13.00, your Adjustment would be $2.00.
- CLICK the “Add” button. Continue to add applicable credentials. CLICK green “Add” again.
If you are creating another Contract with similar data, you can copy an existing Contract and make needed modifications.
- From the Contract list, CLICK the check box to the left of the Contract name you want to copy.
- Once selected, CLICK the ellipsis (...) on the black horizontal bar and select “Copy”. A new Contract window will open for you to make changes.
3. Repeat steps above and CLICK “Save”.
Proprietary & Confidential