The Patient Portal is an interactive component of the CR Essentials system, allowing for communication, notifications, and the ability to make changes in a patient’s paperwork (upload and download capabilities). The messaging feature also allows for guardian and company/supervisor direct contact.
The guardian(s) will receive an email with a link to the platform, a username, and a temporary password. Upon logging in for the first time, the guardian will be asked to set a new password.
To login to the Parent Portal:
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Security Roles under the “Security” section
- Click +New to create a security role
- Please note, guardians can have multiple roles assigned to them.
- The new role must have the Can Use Patient Portal permission checked to access the portal.
- Choose the available permissions depending on the access granted to the guardian. Click Save and Close.
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Guardians under the “People” section.
- Select the guardian(s) that will access the patient portal and click Invite.
- To invite guardian(s), they must have an email address in their record under the “Contact” tab.
- A pop-up will appear that allows users to modify the message that will be sent. In the “Role” drop-down, select the Patient Portal role. Click Send.
- The guardian(s) will receive the following email with a link to your platform, a username, and a temporary password. Upon logging in for the first time, the guardian will be asked to set a new password. Administrators can change a guardian’s password and/or disable the account.
- Parents will use the same URL as employees and log in to the Parent Portal
2. In the upper left-hand side, each patient associated with the guardian will have a tab. Depending on the permissions given to the role, the guardian(s) will have various areas to edit and the ability to upload files.
- They can also, given permissions, view any forms and policies assigned by administrators for guardians to view, as well as their patient bank balance, if applicable.
3. When the guardian has been given permission to send/receive messages, the “Messages” tab will be accessible. Unless other employees have been given security permission, and have messaged the guardian, only the patient’s “Default Supervisor” can message.
4. On the upper right-hand side is the patient’s schedule. The guardian can view and print the schedule a day, week, or month at a time.
- When hovering over an appointment, the details of the appointment will display.
5. On the bottom left-hand side is a list of all events with patient due outstanding balances.
- Guardians can download a PDF of each of their outstanding invoices.
6. If an organization is a PM and clinical user, a Mastered Skills widget will be on the bottom right-hand side. The Mastered Skills Widget allows guardians to view skills mastered by the patient. Hovering over these skills shows the “Discovery” (i) button, which allows guardians to view skill and target history reports.
7. The Patient and Sessions widgets will also be available for clinical users. The Patient widget is used for demographic information, to add/change a profile picture, to download the most recently saved Patient Progress report, and to upload documents that show up in the patient's chart for clinic staff to access.
- Also, the Patient widget provides access to the in-app messaging feature, for guardians to message clinic staff.
- Please note, for access to the Patient Progress Report, one must be saved in the patient's "Review" section.
8. The Sessions widget allow guardians to access the list of sessions that have occurred and provides them with access to a PDF of the Summary report to each session.
Proprietary & Confidential