Electronic signatures can be collected via Scout, the data collection interface. These signatures can be pulled into a number of reports. If organizations require employee and/or guardian signatures at the end of all sessions, signatures can be required prior to staff locking appointments.
By default, Scout will NOT require staff to collect electronic signatures. If an organization requires the collection of electronic signatures, an admin needs to adjust the organization’s settings.
The three settings that control this feature are:
To manage these settings:
- In an admin account, navigate to the Admin module and select Settings under the “Company” section. If these settings have not been accessed before, add them by clicking +New on the left-hand side. If the settings were previously added, they will appear in the company setting list. Users can also search “Signature” in the Filter… search bar.
- Select one setting at a time. To require signatures when locking in Scout, the “Value” field must be set to 1 to enable this functionality. The data type field must be set to Boolean. Click Add to apply the settings.
3. Adding and modifying either of the signature related settings as instructed above will prevent Scout users from locking Scout sessions until signatures are collected. This will need to be communicated to staff prior to changing the setting.
Please note, If an organization decides in the future that signatures are NOT required, access these settings again and edit the value field to 0 to disable the requirement.
To collect Electronic Signatures on Scout:
1. Log in to Scout and run a session. Lock the session(s) as normal
2. The last page that is accessible when locking will display the modals used to collect both employee and guardian signatures.
3. Click one signature modal at a time to collect the electronic signatures
4. After signing the modal click Save
Any signature collected in Scout can be pulled into the following reports:
- Session Summary
- Visit Verification Report
- California Visit Verification Report
Proprietary & Confidential