After enabling the appropriate Visit Verification settings:
- Schedule an appointment with a score sheet
- Please note:
- A score sheet is required to use the Visit Verification feature.
- When scheduling an appointment, the “Place of Service” field must be set to “Home.”
- Please note:
- Log in to Scout and click Start Appt Timer
- In the “Visit Verification” pop-up, a warning will appear if users are not at the scheduled place of service.
- Select either Cancel Check in or Continue Anyway. When continuing, the current time and location will be captured.
- If the appointment time and location matches the place of service in the appointment, users will not receive this warning message.
3. Lock the session and add Session Summary Notes.
4. After capturing provider and guardian signatures, lock the appointment and log back in to CR Essentials.
5. Navigate to the Practice module and select Bill Events under “Billing” to manage any EVV exceptions.
6. Scroll to find the completed appointment. The appointment will be labeled, “Failed Visit Verification,” if the place of service does not match the location where the appointment took place.
7. Select the checkbox next to the appointment, click the dots at the top of the screen, and select Apply Exception Reasons
8. In the “Apply Exceptions Reason” pop-up, enter a required exception reason and note for any mismatches, and click Save
9. The exceptions will be verified and the appointment will be “Ready for Review”
10. Users can still modify the appointment, however, reasons must be provided in the
“Change Reasons” pop-up, explaining why the appointment has been edited.
- Enter a required reason for the “Change Field: Bill Code” and click Save
Please note, visit verification reports are not displaying group appointments at this time.