To schedule employee/patient appointments from Practice Schedule:
- Navigate to the Practice module and select Practice Schedule under the “Scheduling” section. This screen allows users to access everyone’s calendar.
- To view an employee or patient’s schedule, click the + next to the “Employee” and “Patient” sections on the left-hand side and select the name(s) from the list.
- More than one calendar can be viewed simultaneously.
- Each appointment is color coded:
- Light blue = Scheduled appointment for a future date and time.
- Dark Blue = Ready to Complete appointment, the appointment has passed.
- Green = Completed appointment and can now be billed.
- Light Grey = Cancelled appointments.
- Orange = No-show appointment, patient did not show up.
- Yellow = Billed appointment.
- Dark Grey = Paid in Full appointment.
- Billable events (typically appointments) that are completed will appear in “Bill Events” under the Billing section of the Practice module.
- Once billed, they will appear in both the “Invoices” and “Insurance Claims” screens located in “Practice Menu” under the Billing section of the Practice module.
- To schedule a new event, click the New drop-down on the left-hand side and select the type of event.
- Or, click on the calendar at the start time of the event, hold the cursor and drag down to the end time of the event (drag and drop). When scheduling directly on the patient’s calendar, only “Appointment” and “Time Off” types are available.
- Please note, all events, except for “Time Off,” can be billable or non-billable. “Appointments” are billable by default. The others are “non-billable” by default.
6. If users need to access another part of the system while creating an event, minimize the “NEW: [Appointment -]” pop-up.
- Then, return to the Practice Schedule and click on the minimized “NEW:” pop-up at the bottom of the screen to complete scheduling the appointment.
7. After selecting the type of event, a “NEW: [Appointment - ]” pop-up will appear. Enter in the required fields. In the “Details” tab:
- The patient’s authorization is an optional field while scheduling, but is required when completing the event prior to billing.
- The “Supervisor” field can be utilized when designating the individual who is responsible for supervision of the event.
8. Select the Attendees tab. At least one attendee must be added to create the event.
9. Select the attendee, enter the appropriate information in each field of the “NEW: Attendee” pop-up, and click Add.
- The list of available “Bill Codes” for the event is based on the chosen authorization, and will show accordingly.
- The “Bill Under” field is optional while scheduling, but is required when completing the event prior to billing.
10. Select the Patient tab. The first four active diagnoses from the patient’s record will be listed.
- Diagnosis codes are in the order they were added to the patient’s account. With the drag and drop functionality, users can reorder and/or remove diagnosis code(s) from events.
- All listed diagnoses will be sent on the claim when the event is billed. To remove a diagnosis from the event, select the diagnosis and click Remove.
- Only diagnoses that are applicable to the services provided in the event should be used.
- Adding score sheets to the event is also optional.
11. In the “Address” tab, the address will auto-fill based on the Place of Service selected in the “Details” tab.
- E.g. When “Home” is selected the patient’s address will be populated here.
12. The "Notes" tab is where notes and files can be added to the event (e.g. SOAP notes). Signatures can also be added to notes. Click Add after the note and signatures are complete.
13. The "Signatures" tab is for supervisors to add a signature to appointments.
- Click Add and sign off on the appointment before billing events are created.
- Please note, this pulls signatures into various reports, including the "Event Audit Signatures" report, (previously the "Event Audit" report).
14. When there is a scheduling conflict, select the Conflicts tab to view the details.
- By default, appointments cannot be scheduled when there is a conflict on the patient’s calendar. Contact support if you would like us to turn on the ability to “double-book” patient appointments. However, conflicts on the employee’s calendar will give the option of “double-booking.”
15. Click Create when all information is entered
16. To print a schedule, click the Show Calendar icon on the right-hand side of the user’s name. The schedule you are viewing will pop up in a new window. In the upper right-hand corner click Print. Your computer's print screen will appear.
Click here to learn more about scheduling appointments.
Click here to learn how to schedule an appointment from My Calendar.
Proprietary & Confidential