In the Invoices section, users can transfer claims to another billing source.
To transfer a claim to another Billing Source:
- Navigate to the Practice module and select Invoices under the “Billing” section
- Select an invoice date range to search in the “Invoice Date From” fields
- Users can also search by Service Date, Patient, or Billing Source.
- Click Get Results
- Select an invoice and then a bill code to transfer. Users can transfer one service line at a time
- Click the Transfer drop-down at the top on the screen and select Transfer to Other Insurance
7. In the “CONFIRM: Transfer to Other Insurance” pop-up, click the Transfer to Billing Source drop-down and select the billing source to transfer the claim to.
8. Select the “Transfer Type,” electronic or paper, and the corresponding authorization in the “Authorization” drop-down.
9. Enter the “Adjudication Date” (payment date) found on the EOB
- Please note:
- If a payment/adjustment has not previously been posted in the system, enter the payment amount as indicated below
- It is recommended to enter the “Payor Control Number” from the primary EOB
10. Review the “Line Information” section.
- The “Transfer Amount” field must match the patient responsibility group code
11. Under the “Claim Adjustments Reason (enter as shown on EOB/ERA)” section, access the “Reason Code” drop-downs.
- The legend on the last page of the EOB lists the codes the payor uses. Use this to find the corresponding reason code.
12. When all information is correct, select Transfer
Click here to learn more about the Invoices section.
Click here to learn how to rebill a claim.
Click here to learn how to change the status of a claim.
Click here to learn how to undo an action in the Invoices section.
Proprietary & Confidential