This guide is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal or clinical advice. Always consult an attorney for legal decisions, and confirm applicable payor guidelines. Please note, there is no payor standardization for Telehealth, every payor has unique requirements.
- Look for Telehealth updates regularly. Payors are evolving regularly during this time.
- Engage/re-engage with your Provide Representative.
For new Events in the Practice Schedule:
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Contracts under the “Billing” section
- Select a contract and click the Fee Schedule tab
- Click +Add and select Add from Bill Code from the drop-down
- In the “NEW:” pop-up, add Telehealth modifiers as directed by your payor.
- It is recommended to add “Telehealth” to the Bill Code name to distinguish from the non-Telehealth Bill Code.
- Fill out all required fields in both tabs and click Add
- Click Save and Close
- Navigate to the Admin module and select Patients under the “People” section
- Select a patient and click the Policies/Auths tab
- Update all authorizations to include the new Telehealth Bill Codes, or create a new Telehealth specific authorization by clicking the +New drop-down and selecting Insurance Authorization
- In the “NEW:” pop-up, add the Insurance Policy, select Use When No Auth. Required or specify the authorization number. Add “Telehealth” to the description, and add start and end dates.
- In the “Fee Schedule” tab, add the Bill Code, Total Units Authorized, Units Per Period, and Period.
- Users should consult with their Provider Representative for requirements.
- Select Add and then click Add again
- Click Save and Close
- Create a new Event in the Practice Schedule
- In the Details tab of the Appointment pop-up, add “Telehealth” as the Place of Service and select the authorization from the drop-down.
- In the “Attendees” tab, enter the employee, select the credential and Bill Code. The GT Modifier will pull in. Enter the Planned Mins and create the appointment.
Built in modifiers will load in the “Employee” tab of the Event when the Bill Code is added.
For scheduled Events in the Practice Schedule:
- Navigate to the Practice module and select Practice Schedule under the “Scheduling” section
- Right click on a scheduled Event. Select Edit/Complete.
- In the “Details” tab, change the Place of Service to “Telehealth,” as directed by the payor
- If users created a new authorization, before selecting the new authorization from the drop-down, click the Employee tab and note the amount of planned minutes as the bill code and planned minutes will disappear.
- In the “Employees” tab, complete the following:
- If the original authorization and Bill Code is being used, add the modifier to the Bill Code as directed by the payor.
- If the original authorization is being used, but a different Bill Code, note the amount of Planned Minutes and change the Bill Code, and the modifier will load.
- If a new authorization is being used, select the Bill Code from the drop-down and enter the number of Planned Minutes.
- Click Update
Click here for a webinar explaining these steps.
Proprietary & Confidential